The North London Festival of Music, Speech and Drama (NLF) holds personal data for entrants to the festival, those who submit entries to the festival, teachers, adjudicators, accompanists and sponsors, for one or more of the following purposes:
- to manage entries to festival classes.
- to communicate with and promote the festival to entrants, teachers and others.
We collect the minimum amount of data required for our purposes and we do not hold sensitive personal information, such as bank or credit card details. We do not share personal data with any other organisation, except that we share contact details with organisations who sponsor the festival, to enable prizes to be awarded to prize winners. At this point we request your consent.
In future, NLF will not hold any person’s data unless they have specifically agreed that we do so. If you wish to know what personal data we hold about you or wish your details to be amended or removed from our systems, you may ask us to do so at any time, by email to email@example.com or in writing to the festival administrator, Janice Twiselton, 64 Powys Lane, London N13 4HS. We will then take the necessary action promptly.
We have created a mailing list from information that you have provided previously. This may include your name, email address, postal address and phone number (if you have provided them) and the section(s) of the festival that you are interested in. We shall retain this information unless we receive a request for its amendment or deletion.
Applications to the Festival
For each application made to the festival, we store the following personal information, if it has been supplied to us as part of an online or postal entry:
- The name, email address, postal address and phone number of the person submitting the application.
- The name, email address and phone number of the performer’s teacher.
- For individuals performing in groups of four or fewer, their name(s) and their date(s) of birth, if they are under 18. The dates of birth are used to ensure that performers are eligible to perform in the class(es) for which they have applied.
- For online entries, the name on the credit or debit card used for payment. The name is required to match online payments to online entries.
If the application is made online, the information is stored online and then downloaded for use by the treasurer and the section secretaries. If the application is made by post, it is stored and used by the section secretary. Application information is stored from the point at which it is received until the end of the following year’s festival, unless we receive a request for its deletion, because this information may be required for reference in the following year.
Online payment for entries and tickets
When you make a payment via our website, your financial details are captured by our payment processor (WorldPay). They are never seen by our server and are not stored. The treasurer can, however, use WorldPay to access a list of payments made, to match against the entries made online.