The North London Festival of Music, Speech and Drama (NLF) holds personal data for entrants to the festival, those who submit entries to the festival, teachers, adjudicators, accompanists and sponsors for one or more of the following purposes:
- to manage entries to festival classes
- to communicate with and promote the festival to entrants, teachers and others.
We collect the minimum amount of data required for our purposes and we do not hold sensitive personal information, such as bank or credit card details. We do not share personal data with other organisation, except that we share contact details with organisations who sponsor the festival, to enable prizes to be awarded to prize winners. However, we will not share data with anyone without your explicit consent.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) gives people more rights concerning their personal data held or used by organisations. In accordance with GDPR, NLF will not hold any person’s data unless they have specifically agreed that we do so. Anyone wishing their details to be amended or removed from our systems may ask us to do so at any time by email to email@example.com or in writing to Janice Twiselton, 64 Powys Lane, London N13 4HS and we will take action promptly.
We have various mailing lists. On each, we may hold your name, phone number, email address, postal address and the section(s) of the festival that you are interested in, if you have supplied them to us and you have agreed that we may do so. This information is retained until we receive a request for its deletion.
Applications to the Festival
For each application made to the festival, we store the following personal information, if it has been supplied to us as part of an online or postal entry:
- The name, email address, postal address and phone number of the person submitting the application.
- The name, email address and phone number of the performer’s teacher.
- For performers in groups of four or fewer performers, their name(s) and their date(s) of birth, if they are under 18. The dates of birth are used to ensure that performers are eligible to perform in the class(es) for which they’ve applied.
- For online entries, the name on the credit or debit card used for payment. The name is used only to match online payments to online entries.
If the application is made online, the information is stored online and then downloaded for use by the treasurer and the section secretaries. If the application is made by post, it is stored and used by the section secretary. Application information is stored from the point at which it is received until the closing date for entries in the following year, unless we receive a request for its deletion. The previous year’s data is retained in case it is required for reference in the following year.
Online payment for entries and tickets
When you make a payment via our website, your financial details are only captured by our payment processor (WorldPay), are never seen by our server and are not stored. The treasurer can access WorldPAy to obtain a list of payments made to match against the entries made online.